these are a few of my favorite things….
What my weekend in NYC will be like, Part II
What my weekend will be like in NYC, part I
A hot new trend has popped up from in the Japanese culture lately, the Human Face doll cloning project prints 3D human faces on small dolls. Find Out More.
Sign me up for a one way ticket to the Uncanny Valley.
Lindsey Wixson dolls up for ‘Like A Doll’ shot by Tim Walker for Vogue Italia January 2012
stills from Fassbinder’s last film, an adaptation of Jean Genet’s Querelle of Brest. 1982.
’Slut’ is attacking women for their right to say yes. ‘Friend Zone’ is attacking women for their right to say no.
Korean poster which has been making it’s way around
Protesting sexual harassment and violence against women
ETIQUETTE FOR MEN AT NIGHT
- Remember that your presence can be threatening to women walking alone at night
- If a woman is walking in front of you alone at night, slow down. You walking quickly or speeding up can be and in most cases is threatening
- If you’ve been drinking and are drunk, go straight home.
- Do not pick a fight or aggravate women walking at night
- Do not take off your clothes or publicly urinate
- Be careful to make sure you do not touch or hit someone, even on accident.
- If, late at night, you come to a situation in which you and a woman have to ride an elevator together, let her go up first and wait for the elevator to come back down.
- If there’s a woman in a public restroom (There are Korean public restrooms with no gender or sex markings that are open to all people), wait for her to finish and come out first before using the restroom.
- Report broken streetlights to the police
- Tell other men about these rules and that they have a responsibility to not threaten women walking at night
mania is a monstrous joy.
I Claudius. Caligula and his sister, Drucilla. Spoiler Alert: everyone dies & a baby gets eaten.